.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

International Negotiation & Bargaining Essay Example for Free

International Negotiation Bargaining Essay 1.- What, in general, did you learn about negotiation from the exercise? What surprised you? What would you do differently if you had a chance to do the exercise again? In general I learned that trust plays a significant role during negotiation; because here in this exercise and in the most cases of negotiation at the beginning you feel a hard atmosphere but to establish rapport is not an option. Then you need to get focus in the interest of each person and not just defending your position. It was good to us to open all the issues to resolve, so we are able to see the complete picture and not only one issue per time. This allows to use give the options necessary to give and receive and knowing what is the most matter to the other person and for me. I was surprised with one point I think was the point of the women during the excursion we both have the same interest, I noticed because my other part wants the same of me, and sometimes you believe that always will have opposing interests . I will do different definitely to trust more in my partner to be honest and since the begging tell him these are the things that they are most important for me, what are yours..? 2.- How did the actual outcome of the exercise compare to the pre-negotiation strategy you developed? How do you correlate preparation with outcome? As my professor mentioned that a Coach said: Failing in prepare, is preparing to fail. You need to develop your strategy and arguments to be consistent and explain very well the whys. I did not win in all the points that I wanted; but I did achieve the Best alternative to a negotiated agreement (BATNA). Of course they have a positive correlation the more you prepare the more you achieve and vice versa. 3.- How did the concepts of preparation, power (structural and/or personal), relationship, interest, batna and or mutual gains, etc. addressed in the class and in the class readings (reference required) actually occur in this exercise? Well first this exercise began with a hard bargaining and realized because we both wanted to defend the position instead the interested and of course nobody has enough trust. I immediately try to change this because I had read that this kind of negotiation is going to fail, so I decided to apply the what I have learned and focus in the interests and to establish rapport as soon as posible. I listen well the interested and I try to be objettive, consistent and realistic with the whys and the reason that I want each point not just because I want, that could be the worst you can do, so preparation is very important because in a few words is how you are going to sell your idea or interest. I was very useful to know that we need to give a take process, and looking for a non-zero-sum, Win-Win. I think as the climber needs to be very carefully in what we say, how do we say and the tone, because not only the words give a message to the audience. For me, to open the negotiation and see several points (mutual gains) of the exercise instead one by one was the key of successful, because we were able to listen all the interests of each person, and this is the heart of negotiation. The main challenge for the climber is how to move for a Yielding or obliging to a compromising. BATNA is the result of having multiplies options in order to have a non-zero-sum we need explore each option a be able to give that message during the negotiation because BATNA will clarifies our plan B in case we do not achieve any agreement. In case my plan B is a good one or very strong I will have more power during the negotiation. It is very important to know both BATNAS in order to know the balance of the negotiation and how will be your approach, and style. REFERENCE: GETTING TO YES BY ROGER FISHER AND WILLIMA URY ESSENTIAL OF NEGOTIATION BY ROY J. LEWICKI, DAVID M SAUNDERS AND BRUCE BARRY BROADCAST ONE POWERPOINT UPDATED_REV1

No comments:

Post a Comment